Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Next Book

I've decided to read "Jacob, Have I Loved" next to continue towards my Newbery goal. Another member of the blogring suggested that since I've just finished a book by this author that I should read this one and compare the two. Great idea!

I had highly anticipated "Roll of Thunder, Hear my Cry" by Mildred Taylor being my next one. I read it 6 times in junior high, along with the follow ups. That book was one of the highlights of my junior high career. Maybe I'll end the Newbery journey with it instead, kind of like a reward or something. Wow, that's a long way down the road, but a great motivator.

I don't know much about "Jacob, Have I Loved". I worked in the junior high library during 6th and 7th grade study hall and noticed that it was one of the most checked out books, along with "The Face on the Milk Carton" and "I Know What You Did Last Summer" (much better books than movies) and I was always curious about it, but thought it was a love story and wasn't into reading about those yet. So I've skipped it before, but now I return to it hoping for the best!

3 comments:

Going Weston said...

Don't tell TimFields about reading that...

Going Weston said...

If you got to your "dashboard" you will see a link that says..."view profile, (edit)"

just click on the edit part

Going Weston said...

yeay it worked