Tuesday, May 22, 2007

A Real Post?!

As more and more of my friends get blogger, I guess it's time for me to write some real posts once in a while. My day to day goings on are usually recorded in my other blog, which you can find to the left, but I commment on a lot of blogs with this account and it usually leaves people wondering why I love kid's books so much. I intended to only track my Newbery Project Progress with this one so I'd have something to look back on and keep track with. I'm on somewhat of a Newbery hiatus this month though as I pick up some other books that I would like to read. If you don't mind, I'll borrow a paragraph from my other blog:

I have in my possession the newest book by controversial author Anne Lamott. "Grace (Eventually): Thoughts on Faith" is a continuation in the series of memoirs in her faith journey. Lamott is not for the faint at heart or too easily offended. She has led quite the controversial life. In fact, if you asked me, "has she ever been involved in (insert worst sin you can think of here)?", I would probably say, "Yes." Lamott and those with similar backgrounds always stretch me and especially widen my mental net of God's grace. Each chapter is a story from her life with a faith lesson tucked inside. The stories make me laugh and sometimes cry because underneath our stories, we are quite alike in our hearts. I may never agree completely with Lamott and I most certainly will never, EVER, be able to fathom the depth of God's love and grace, but her works have definitely touched me over the past 2 years. It's also just kind of nice to step outside of the usual and easily acceptable.

I am also working through a Beth Moore study guide that goes along with "A Heart Like His". It's walking me through 1 and 2 Samuel and really challenging me in a lot of ways, especially in trying to be less self-centered. It's a study on David.

I suppose that is all I have for you today, but I hope to be able to come up with enough stuff to fill both this blog and my Xanga.

Thanks for reading, have a great day!

7 comments:

Going Weston said...

Sure babs...glad you're not pregnant...or are you...?


;o)

Keeerah said...

Betts! If what Jacob is implying is true I hope you would let me know. However, I know that Jacob is a liar. How's life with the college kids gone?

Going Weston said...

...

Betsy said...

hahaha....

....no pregnancies here.

Keeerah said...

haha...I'm not either. But I did read that Cassidy and Cory Easton had twins. Blew my mind.

Keeerah said...

Thanks for backing me up on that one...appreciate you. How's life in the summer time for you?

Clint Reed said...

Hey Bets Keys. Thanks so much for your encouragement and comments. By the way, I think about Wonder Valley a lot and hope those Owsleys are doing well. Tell Bill I said hello. Hope you guys are doing well. Yeatts told me he heard him on the radio there in town. Pretty dang cool, man, pretty dang cool. Take care.